Humor Random Comments Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
So, my Ford Ka's right door handle didn't appear to work properly, needing a very hefty tug to open the door (the internal handle worked perfectly, however).

Surely there must be some sort of adjustment mechanism inside the door, so the obvious course of action was to remove the interior door panel:
sT0Gt1o.jpg

9Rc9eni.jpg

9Rc9eni.jpg

oGuvjPp.jpg

After much swearing against plastic clips, the panel came off, and there was...nothing.

Turns out, the solution was much simpler than that:
qfhHE6e.jpg

A couple of turns of this screw and the handle now appears to work much more reliably.

It apparently being not a common issue at all also didn't help in the search, but such is life. :)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It looks like our 3rd attempt to start unit 1 is a success.

A relay for the #3 RCP (reactor coolant pump) wouldn't switch over to it's normal state, it would return to it's emergency configuration (works great but supplied by offsite power).

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The article we got here said the tunnel collapsed on to some vehicles that were used to transport radioactive mat'l. Not on to any fuel or used filters or anything.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Looks like we lucked out. Remember that it's Rick Perry that has to clean up the mess.

Don't worry. The Saturday Night Massacre has got its mediocre 21st century remake. :lol:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is the non-political random comments thread.

To get us back on track, here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.

iu

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I recently watched an old Roman Polanski psychological thriller film called Repulsion which kind of ruined rabbit as a food for me, at least for a while.

steph

Reaction score
I honestly wasn't expecting to see that much traffic on the rivers. although it kinda makes sense.
For some reason, it doesn't display the ship info in my browser.
My only disappointment with maps like these is that they don't display the time of departure :p Of course, if I have some spare time, I can hang around at high tide and see what comes in, but it would be nice to know more accurately. The biggest I've seen up-close was some apparently medium-sized freighter, and it still seemed absolutely huge, people were gathering on the piers to see it. It's easy to realise where the SF ships took their looks from.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's easy to realise where the SF ships took their looks from.

I totally love the atmosphere of freight harbors, for exactly that reason. Too bad we don't have any in Switzerland.

steph

Reaction score
I totally love the atmosphere of freight harbors, for exactly that reason. Too bad we don't have any in Switzerland.

I don't think I've seen a "true" freight harbor up close. I've seen St. Nazaire up-close, but the docks themselves are off-limits (duh :)) ) .The submarine pens are truly futuristic, though. Huge concrete structures. I've seen some WW2 bunkers and such, but those don't even come close. They seem to blend in more to the landscape of Battlefield 2142 than in present day
According to marintraffic.com, the biggest ship I've seen was a 3000 ton freighter. 90 by 15 meters. The most impressive, though, was a similar ship with some kind of hydraulic arm on the right side. It sure didn't look like a fishing ship, so I'm not sure what they were using it for. They were just finished stowing the arm as it entered harbor, and the view was...well..futuristic.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't think I've seen a "true" freight harbor up close. I've seen St. Nazaire up-close, but the docks themselves are off-limits (duh :)) ) .The submarine pens are truly futuristic, though. Huge concrete structures. I've seen some WW2 bunkers and such, but those don't even come close. They seem to blend in more to the landscape of Battlefield 2142 than in present day

Same for the similar Valentin bunker near Bremen - a huge box of concrete, looking alien like a crashed spaceship.

Luftbild_Bunker_Valentin.jpg

According to marintraffic.com, the biggest ship I've seen was a 3000 ton freighter. 90 by 15 meters. The most impressive, though, was a similar ship with some kind of hydraulic arm on the right side. It sure didn't look like a fishing ship, so I'm not sure what they were using it for. They were just finished stowing the arm as it entered harbor, and the view was...well..futuristic.

Maybe a Dredging Ship?

Geopotes_14.jpg

I especially like the modern container terminals, which are already highly automated and really buzz with activity... from big ship to smaller ship to big ship without even docking somewhere, from train to ship, from ship to truck...

And the huge cranes of those really fade into your view as you approach them, like a mountain range of steel.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Edit: how were the subs at Valentin supposed to get out? Some underwater link? Were they planning to dig up a water link?

Probably the same way Gibbs got the boat out of his basement.