Humor Random Comments Thread

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Looks like a millipede. Horrible things you find in your house occasionally, and feel the need to nerve gas the whole place and burn it to the ground.

Millipedes tend to have shorter legs. I'm not sure what that is.

Turbinator

Reaction score
45045936.JPG

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Well, got my new PC connected to the internet. Still a lot of stuff we need to add before it's fully working, but it's coming along nicely so far.

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
Well, got my new PC connected to the internet. Still a lot of stuff we need to add before it's fully working, but it's coming along nicely so far.
Specs?

I'm (FINALLY!!!!!) getting a new computer this week (it's really more of an upgrade) with these specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus 2.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUS M4A785-M
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD5770
Memory: 6GB, DDR2
Hard Disk Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB
Power supply: COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460
All other parts are already provided.

But, I will be getting a high-end laptop later this year.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Specs?

I'm (FINALLY!!!!!) getting a new computer this week (it's really more of an upgrade) with these specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus 2.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUS M4A785-M
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD5770
Memory: 6GB, DDR2
Hard Disk Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB
Power supply: COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460
All other parts are already provided.

But, I will be getting a high-end laptop later this year.
Not really sure yet. All I know is it's a more powerful motherboard and a quad core processor.

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
Looks like a millipede. Horrible things you find in your house occasionally, and feel the need to nerve gas the whole place and burn it to the ground.
Ugh.
CNN News:
"The millipede population growth explosion continues as thousands of millipedes appear in people's homes."

"In a related story, the flamethrower business is booming."

Kosmonaut

Reaction score
My random thoughts thus far include:

1. I wish I had more knowledge of astrophysics so that I could fly to the moon.

2. I wish I had taken astronaut training so that I could fly to the moon.

3.I wish I could comprehend what all those neat acronyms meant on my MFD's and how they are relevent.
:probe:

Sar

Reaction score
I want to learn to model and to texture for Orbiter, but I'm too busy to do trial and error, also a better understanding of C++ would serve me well.

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
proper spelling.

I was wondering if I could sart a movement to encourage people to spell "lose" properly? It isn't just this forum. It seems that somehow the word "lose" has been mistaken for "loose" and has thusly been mispelled.

Thank you for your kind indulgence.

Dambuster

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could sart a movement to encourage people to spell "lose" properly? It isn't just this forum. It seems that somehow the word "lose" has been mistaken for "loose" and has thusly been mispelled.

Could we make it a joint venture for the proper use of lose/loose and of adjectives/adverbs?

Linguofreak

Reaction score

All we really need is a spelling reform. You have the same vowel followed by different consonants in speech, but in writing the difference is in the vowel, not in the consonant.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Spelling reform sounds like a good idea to me. :) I swear, half of English makes no sense at all. Latin was much easier to grasp.

At any rate, I'm off to "practice" feeding residents in the nursing home... wish me luck...

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
oh well then good luck :thumbup:
Well now, that's the first time I've seen thickened water. :eek:h: My resident was choking hazard/dysphagia with a mechanically soft diet, meaning everything was basically pudding... He liked it though. The fruit whip was actually fairly tempting.

Speaking of which, you wouldn't believe how much we have to know before we can do a dependent feed. Anatomy of the mouth and esophagus/trachea; signs and symptoms of dysphagia, aspiration, and aspiration pneumonia; mechanics of food digestion through the lungs as opposed to through the stomach; feeding strategies to counter dysphagia including chin tilt and head turn, basic diets in a nursing facility including regular, clear liquid, full liquid, soft diet, religious restricted, diabetic, sodium restricted, calorie restricted, mechanically altered, and various nutritional supplements and nourishments; and strategies for countering combative/cognitively impaired residents.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I just returned from an all you can eat restaurant. Very fine meat indeed.
Consider me comatose for a little.