Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
It's a christmas miracle! The CNO reversed the decision to abandon the Navy's Rating system, and thus a 400 year+ tradition lives on another year. Until someone else gets a bright idea.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How Germany works explained by a single event today:

Dozens of journalists and hundreds of police officers are standing in front of a refugee shelter in Emmerich am Rhein. Nobody goes in.

There was a typo in the search warrant.

The international manhunt for Anis Amris is now public, in case you see him, he is the prime suspect for the Berlin truck attack. What makes things worse is that he was already under surveillance by the domestic intelligence service for some months, known as first class terror suspect with Islamic State relations and was supposed to be deported last summer - but Tunisia did not want to see him back in their county and delayed the requested replacement papers for him until yesterday.

He was already arrested for the deportation last summer in Ravensburg for two days, but had to be released because of the missing papers from Tunis.

There is a pretty high 100,000 € reward for hints that lead to his arrest. There is sadly no record of his notice on Interpol yet to share here.

Here is the German description of him from the federal attorney general:

https://www.generalbundesanwalt.de/de/showpress.php?newsid=654

And here is the detailed page of him on the federal criminal agency of Germany:

https://www.bka.de/DE/IhreSicherhei...ePersonen/Amri/Sachverhalt_Amri.html?nn=61060

The second picture of him with the glasses was either the one found in the Polish truck or identical to it.

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In response to Urwumpe's description of Germany I want to post an ASCII facepalm but this isn't the right version of Random Comments.

So instead here's an Israeli Air Force fighter cat.

iu

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hint for Germans: If you are working in another town and get an apartment or hotel room for that time, you only need to register your new residence if you stay longer than 6 months.

Strangely the executive wants you to always register and does not mention the exception. So, a lot of paperwork less for me.

bisbeejim

Reaction score
I just heard about the terrible news out of Germany

I felt bad when I heard what happened in France, and now Germany. My decendants are German. They moved to England for a couple generations before moving to America. That was about 150 years ago, but I still feel a connection.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------
Change the subject for a moment.
Check this out.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Oh yeah Enjo, I've been to your page and loved it. In fact, it was your page that played a part in me deciding to go ahead and try making teams. I was really bursting with enthusiasm back then.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Less merry christmas is planned in Augsburg this year. On the first day of christmas, 54000 citizens (from 32000 apartments) have to be evacuated because they are planning to disarm a HC 8000 LB cookie from WW2. This will be the biggest evacuation in German history after WW2. 800 police officers will be deployed.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
On the first day of christmas, 54000 citizens (from 32000 apartments) have to be evacuated
Hm? Is Christmas a holiday in Germany?
That sounds like some odd timing.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hm? Is Christmas a holiday in Germany?
That sounds like some odd timing.

Yes, the 25th and 26th. The 25th is a Sunday anyway and most bombs are disarmed on a Sunday, if possible.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Less merry christmas is planned in Augsburg this year. On the first day of christmas, 54000 citizens (from 32000 apartments) have to be evacuated because they are planning to disarm a HC 8000 LB cookie from WW2. This will be the biggest evacuation in German history after WW2. 800 police officers will be deployed.

Less merry? How so? I would have thought that not living next to a giant bomb would be a rileaf :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Less merry? How so? I would have thought that not living next to a giant bomb would be a rileaf :p

Optimistic calculation: Regardless where you go in Germany, you are always less than 1000 meters away from an unexploded bomb.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

18:45 in, but wait for the punch-line 2mins later.

N.

steph

Reaction score
Northern Italy these days:
oiaHzEw.jpg

I descend in the fog every day in the morning and get back out in the evening never seeing the sun. :lol:

At least it looks epic in the moonlight as seen from the higher areas. The creepiest thing though is radiative fog at night (low fog, a few meters at most ) in areas without light pollution . You can clearly see a lot of stars, but your foreground is a black mess. I could barely make out the trees a few meters away. Forget about ground detail :lol: There were a few cows (not the bipedal ones :rofl: ) close to me, and I only knew it because I was hearing them.

Edit: Thinking of it, it would be the perfect situation for a night ambush...if only the attackers stayed in the dark and the victims had lights.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Regardless where you go in Germany, you are always less than 1000 meters away from an unexploded bomb.

That should be a meme or something.

I heard a similarly constructed statement once:

"Once you're south of the Mason-Dixon Line, you are never more than half a mile from somebody having sex with his sister."

(Sorry, Southerners, but the guy who told me that was a US Marine from South Carolina and he thought it was pretty funny for some reason. He also used more colorful language.)

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Not as funny, but twice as confusing.
Been using Train simulator on Steam for some time. Paid up for the beta thing this December, CWS or something, but it looked good..
Just got a 112MB download, and Steam says it doesn't have an executable, or something.
Any else similar?

N.