Humor Random Comments Thread

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Q: What do you get when you cross a mosquito with a mountain climber?

A: You can't cross a vector and a scaler.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Visual C++ 2017 has native CMake support included... Time to get home and go shopping...

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/10/05/cmake-support-in-visual-studio/

(Visual Studio 2017 Community is a free download, but I have to test first if it also contains this feature as well)
Community is meant to be fully featured with the only catch being that the license is limited to individuals and very small companies.
At least that's the way I understand it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Community is meant to be fully featured with the only catch being that the license is limited to individuals and very small companies.

Well, I am an old software developer with some many quirks. For example I believe that a feature, that has not been tested, does not exist yet. :lol:

I did not want to claim it exists, before knowing it exists. But I can't test it now... will try it tomorrow, when I am back home.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Community is meant to be fully featured with the only catch being that the license is limited to individuals and very small companies teams.

FTFY.

Community is licensed to be used for teams of up to 5 developers, in a non-enterprise environment. We considered using VS Community and the free cloud equivalent of Team Foundation Server a few years ago since our team consists of 4-5 developers, however being an Enterprise we are disqualified.

As far as CMake support, my understanding is that it should be included, but Google searches and perusing the 'What's New in 2017' page, along with the product comparison, has produced no documentation as such. Interested to hear if it's there, and if it is, what you think of the integration.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
FTFY.

Community is licensed to be used for teams of up to 5 developers, in a non-enterprise environment. We considered using VS Community and the free cloud equivalent of Team Foundation Server a few years ago since our team consists of 4-5 developers, however being an Enterprise we are disqualified.

Microsoft defines enterprise as having greater than 250 PCs or $1M in annual revenue, in which case only academic and educational use is permitted.
If your business is smaller than that, 5 team members may use Visual Studio however they wish.

birdmanmike

Reaction score
Is this brexit revenge or just a co-incidental tit for tat - but just been an unexploded bomb found by the Thames just across from where the boat race supposed to start tomorrow.

I think we should be told . . . .

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Is this brexit revenge or just a co-incidental tit for tat - but just been an unexploded bomb found by the Thames just across from where the boat race supposed to start tomorrow.

I think we should be told . . . .

Well, it is a wartime bomb, so either Hitler must have been really a genius to know that the Brexit from the EU will happen... or it is just some karma thing. AFAIR, the London area has only slightly less UXOs than Germany.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Well, it is a wartime bomb, so either Hitler must have been really a genius to know that the Brexit from the EU will happen... or it is just some karma thing. AFAIR, the London area has only slightly less UXOs than Germany.

Welllll... I can come up with (insane) logic from Hitler's point of view to connect it to Brexit:

English really isn't that far from Plattdeutsch (the two are closer to each other than either is to Hochdeutsch), therefore, England is part of Grossdeutschland, therefore, the fact that the English didn't want to be part of Germany constitutes a Brexit right then and there.

Britannia: wir können alles, außer Hochdeutsch.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well Lower saxon and Anglo-Saxon.... at least in English, its easy to see where it comes from. :lol:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I did a stupid today. In a moment of weakness and boredom, I decided to see the movie "Life".

So bad I nearly walked out of the movie halfway through. I was hoping they'd come up with something less predictable and was let down time and again.

And that's just the movie plot. Never mind the mindless orbital dynamics stupidity. Right from the first scene this movie is Armageddon-levels of stupid.

The only thing more stupid is me, for wasting part of my life on it. :thumbsdown:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
2017 doesn't look to be very promising overall for movies, a few stellar titles notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
2017 doesn't look to be very promising overall for movies, a few stellar titles notwithstanding.

Well... Ghost in a Shell looks not too bad, despite missing the original story. But that already applies to the Anime.

Aren't Guardians of the Galaxy II announced this year?

For the younger ones of us: Minions II could be fun...

Ooooook, yeah, I see a problem there. No ideas.

But yeah: "Life" really makes "Alien 4" a great movie and lets "Prometheus" look less bad (But it still sucks).

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Visual C++ 2017 has native CMake support included... Time to get home and go shopping...

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/10/05/cmake-support-in-visual-studio/

(Visual Studio 2017 Community is a free download, but I have to test first if it also contains this feature as well)

Didn't see any CMake support with VS 2017 Community and the VC++ module installed. Didn't look for it either, though, might have missed it.

EDIT: whoa, didn't see that full page of messages after this one

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Younger? I'll be 49 soon and I'm looking forward to more Minions ;) And Guardians, Justice League & Wonder Woman.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Younger? I'll be 49 soon and I'm looking forward to more Minions ;) And Guardians, Justice League & Wonder Woman.

I meant younger as a state of mind, not a age. :lol: I know quite a few people who have become so annoyingly adult at half my age, that I instinctively have the need to rebel against them. :lol:

Getting "The Secret Life of Pets" on BluRay last year was a great decision, my girls both love the movie and the German voice cast was also was well picked. :lol:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Well... Ghost in a Shell looks not too bad, despite missing the original story. But that already applies to the Anime.

Aren't Guardians of the Galaxy II announced this year?

For the younger ones of us: Minions II could be fun...

Ooooook, yeah, I see a problem there. No ideas.

But yeah: "Life" really makes "Alien 4" a great movie and lets "Prometheus" look less bad (But it still sucks).

Ghost in the Shell was apparently poorly done. They reportedly changed enough that it's Ghost in the Shell by name and character names only.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ghost in the Shell was apparently poorly done. They reportedly changed enough that it's Ghost in the Shell by name and character names only.

Yes, they reduced it to an easily digested action movie with standard "wheredidIcomefrom" plot.

But that does not mean its poorly done... that is mostly claimed by people who have seen the old Anime on MTV and ignore that the epic Manga original was again largely different to the short Anime.

I think its fine, it is not as far away from the original as Starship Troopers....

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
"To the everlasting glory of the Infantry; shines the name, shines the name of Roger Young"

Fantastic book, the movie is almost completely unwatchable.