Humor Random Comments Thread

birdmanmike

Reaction score
Bit surprised to see in "This day in history . . " today, is Henry VII crowning - not the anniversary of the Rumble in the Jungle?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
THAT'S IT! CNN WAS RIGHT! IT'S MUELLER TIME!

Paul Manafort has been ordered to surrender to federal authorities!

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Seems another guy got taken in. Rick Gates. I have not heard this name. Researching now...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wait... what? natural light after their work day?

You're a Nordic that works too much :)

In the hot months, waking up at 7 am is hell already when the sun's been out for hours to warm the place up. That way waking up at 7 still give you an hour or so before the heat.

You live on Venus :lol:

Well, my sleeping pattern is generally best described as a mess.

Guilty as charged. I guess a lot of us has to cope with this. We have to find time to live as Orbinauts too ;)

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wait... what? :lol: natural light after their work day?

In the past weeks, I left my home right after sunrise and returned in the dark...

You should try 62°N during winter. :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Back home from work, now I have about 45 minutes of freetime left before I can go to bed again because I have an appointment in the morning.

Sadly, this day became longer because I committed an error one month ago. I did not follow my intuition.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Salesman calls to sell stuff, realises we're in the same line of work, ends up buying stuff instead.

I admire the efficiency of my Boss :lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Absolutely hate DST. It's worse since Not-My-Man-Mitch Daniels screwed up Indiana's time zones years ago.

Before he came along, the majority of Indiana was in a time zone called "Indiana (East)." It still exists as a choice in Windows at least up to version 8.1, even though it hasn't existed since 2006. Indiana (East) was in the Eastern time zone, and did not observe DST. As a result, for (back then) half the year we would be on the same time as New York, and the other half Chicago. Then in 2006 thanks to Mr. Daniels, the majority of Southwest Indiana was moved to Central, observing DST, with the rest of the state on Eastern, observing DST. This caused many issues for surrounding counties. Many argued that school kids were being dropped off in the dark as tired people who were on their way home from work were also driving in the dark (this was just one of the many safety-related arguments). Several counties, including where I live and work, petitioned and were approved to move to Eastern, and observe DST, beginning November 4, 2007.

All the time-zone-shifting wreaked havoc on me personally. I'd spent my entire life living under the original time zone, and my body did not adjust to the changes well at all. As recent as 2 years ago, I suffered migraines when my body shifted to waking up an hour "earlier" or "later." It damaged my sleep-wake cycle, and I still suffer from insomnia to this day. I don't have an official medical diagnosis that this is the cause, but I believe it is responsible.

On the plus side, starting next week, any flying I do after work will be logged as night hours, so there's that...

Last edited:

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just accidentally uninstalled steam. Hello weeks of downloading everything all over again!

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Last night around 4 AM I awoke to a strange horrible machine sound. Confused and fearful, I figured out it wasn't the spacemusic radio show streaming from my computer, so I followed the sound to my kitchen to discover that my old refrigerator (~20ish years old) finally decided to fold up and call it a life. The motor was making a sort of grinding, screeching noise. I switched it off and went back to bed.

This morning, first thing, I went out and bought a new fridge. It's being delivered tomorrow so I have to rearrange my living room to make a path for the machines to move through. Meanwhile I'm refraining from opening the fridge doors in order to preserve the contents as best as possible. A few years ago I started putting 2-liter bottles of water in the freezer to guard against power outages by turning the machine into a simple ice box, so I'm not too worried about it.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
A few years ago I started putting 2-liter bottles of water in the freezer to guard against power outages by turning the machine into a simple ice box, so I'm not too worried about it.

That's... not a bad idea, actually.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New fridge arrived today. Buffoons who installed it made a mess but all cleaned up now. Only had to toss about half the items I had in the old fridge.

Now that that's done, I noticed ants...the fun never ends with a house.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
My junior cruiser just closed on her house. Really proud of her, but I'm expecting my weekends (post outage) to be filled with "Daddy do" lists.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
During a discussion, my wife said to me today: "... as I've correctly pointed out..."

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
A friend of mine(sadly gone) was having a discussion with his wife about paying your spouse for domestic work.

He said(and I quote) if I was going to pay for housework, I would get a man in, and have it done properly.

Went downhill from there, very brave though.

N.