Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'll probably have the demo version only.

I made my first rocket with add-ons (the NovaPunch pack), the SatLauncher-01:
sl-01.png

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Wow, this has obviously progressed a ton since the last time I've tried it.

What are the differences between the demo and full versions?

HarvesteR

Reaction score
What are the differences between the demo and full versions?

In a nutshell, the full version has a persistent game world, meaning anything you launch will saved and resumed later, which makes it possible for you to have multiple missions happening at the same time.

Also, we've done a massive overhaul on the terrain system. No more visible quad seams, and it's smoother overall.

That was the 0.14 update, on this latest one, we added the Spaceplane Hangar, where you construct, well, space planes, on a horizontal construction facility, with mirror symmetry (you're also able to rotate parts manually now also).

There is now a new patched conics trajectory prediction system. It will calculate, based on your orbital parameters, whether and when (and how) your trajectory will encounter another sphere of influence, or escape the current one, and display your new orbit around it.

And lastly, we added a new moon around Kerbin, called Minmus. This small moon is not much more than a captured piece of rock, but it does have enough gravity to give you two SOIs inside Kerbin space, and a place to practice interplanetary transfers on a small scale, where you don't need to spend massive amounts of dV to make big changes to your orbit. (In fact, I heard a popular technique for reaching Minmus is to match its orbit, than burn retro for a full 180, and meet up with it going the other way)

That's about it really. There are more changes and tweaks, but I think Pipcard's links should cover that. :)

Cheers

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Harv, I gotta say thanks for the terrain seam fix...they tended to get annoying when I tried to land the Vanguard in a valley and get upended by one of the seams. Keep up the excellent work sir!

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
I do love it, but i dont get as much FPS as i do on orbiter.
:(
(username: sss)

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
It is quite a bit more resource hungry.

maxmiztejm

Reaction score
HarvesteR, are you at phorum? I want ask you something about KSP. (I have some ideas). Can you please answer on my message? Thanks.

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Well, today is the one year anniversary of KSP's release here on O-F! :happybday: to our intrepid and hilarious heroes, Bill, Bob and Jeb!
Lets also celebrate the hard work that Team Kerbal put into it over the last 12 months. They're really built an amazing game :cheers:

Three cheers for Squad!

SpaceNut

Reaction score
How cool.. I ran into this on my own a while back. Thought it was neat with the whole velcro style of piecing craft together, plus the finger puppet lookin' astronauts are the best! I had no idea one of the creators was right here in the forum... great job on it, I loved it.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Sorry to bump again, but I wanted to let everyone know, KSP 0.16 is now released!

It's available through the in-game update system now, so it should update you when you run the game.

You guys already know what it's all about, so I'll just leave a few screenshots here:

LwTjt.png

E6eOC.jpg

tyTTX.png

jpemi.png

Happy Apollo Day everyone! :cheers:

Cheers

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I assume this is why I can't access the forums very well right now? :p

Yay, thanks, Harv! Nice work. :D

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So, who's ready to talk about 0.17? :lol:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, is there gonna be a rework of the aerial flight? As it stands so far, any small aircraft is unstable and large ones that I can get flying stable tend to fall apart.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
And the server is still being methodically DDOSed.
The American side should be sleeping now, so that's Europe and Asia pumping?

So, docking next?